Unable to take screenshots nor able to drag and drop files/images

Ever since I updated Brave, I am unable to take print screens nor am I able to drag and drop files/images.

I believe that you guys have some settings enabled by default to enable higher security but I would like to disable this. I am not too sure where this setting is located.

I am running this on Windows 10.

I think PrintScreen is a windows feature, is it working outside Brave? What error do you get when trying to PrintScreen? Does Win+PrtScr does not save the file?

Also where are you trying to drag and drop files? Try drag and drop a file in Google Drive. What is the error that you are getting?

What is your Brave version?

Its taking a screenshot of my other monitor and a bit of the Brave window which is on my main monitor.

And this is without using greenshot screenshotting tool. When I use greenshot, then it fails to do anything unless if I go to another window and be “focused” on that window then I can then screenshoot stuff on Brave. So I believe Brave is preventing this.

You get like a cancel symbol, I have not noticed this with Opera browser.

This is the version: Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

For screenshot, try disabling all extension or try in a new profile. This will ensure whether an extension is causing the issue.

Did drag and drop didn’t work in Google Drive also? Also, if possible, share screenshot (maybe through Win+PrtScr) of the error that you are getting.

I tried guest mode and still the same issue mate :frowning:

This is me trying to drag a file into Google Drive.

@Mattches Please see this.

1 Like

@joe232,
I do not believe this is a Brave issue. I can take screenshots (Print screen), use Greenshot, and drag and drop applicable images/files into and out of Brave. I believe something else is happening on your end.

Would it be possible for you to take a short recording of the behavior so I can see exactly what it looks like?

1 Like

For some reaosn this is not happening anymore.

I have no idea what was going on.

1 Like

@joe232,
Probably a good thing I suppose? :slight_smile:
Please let me know if the issue persists and I’d be happy to continue troubleshooting with you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.