Unable to sort in Reddit

bug

#1

I just received a Brave upgrade this morning. Since that time, I’m not longer able to properly browse Reddit. Any attempts to use the sort feature of the site returns the error “Sorry, we couldn’t load posts for this page.” I have tried to adjust the browser shields, but it seems like having any of them on produces the error at the moment.

The site loads without issue in Firefox and Opera. I’m also able to reproduce this error on both a Mac and Windows machine. I’m sharing information from my Windows workstation at the moment. Is anyone else encountering this issue at the moment? This problem did not exist prior to the upgrade.

Brave: 0.23.79
V8: 6.8.275.24
rev: 51b49051a779f0db94fbcfd0df5faca781299ea0
Muon: 8.0.7
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 68.0.3440.84


#2

Just to confirm i’m also getting this bug.


#3

Any luck with getting any combination of shields to get the site working?


#4

Reddit is working for me if I disable my shields. With shields on, it will often give me an error saying that posts cannot be loaded.

Note: The team is aware of this issue and is actively working to fix it. Thank you for your patience.


#5

We’ve been actively working on the issue, and there should be a solution now (it is fixed for me).

STEPS:

Close Brave, then go into your Brave folder, delete the file called ABPFilterParserData.dat, then open Brave again. Brave should download a fresh copy of that .dat file, which should work with Reddit.

@atlienk @cryptopanda


#6

This worked on my MacOS devices. However, I’m not able to locate the *.dat file on my Windows workstation. I’ve looked in my c:\user\xxx\AppData\Local\Brave folder and am only seeing an icudtl.dat file.


#7

@atlienk browser profile on Windows is under %appdata% or C:\user\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Brave. :slight_smile:


#8

Thanks! Found the file. Fix worked on Windows.