Unable to sign into Hangouts extension

Description of the issue: Unable to use Google Hangouts due to weird sign in page.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1.Click greyed out hangouts Icon. 2.Click on sign in button that opens for extension. 3.Blank page:https://hangouts.google.com/webchat/blank?pli=1 pops up instead of google sign in page.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Happens everytime

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 v.1803, Version 0.69.94 Chromium: 76.0.3809.62 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Works fine on chrome and other chromium based browsers. Have tried clearing all data, turning off all extensions, and using incognito mode.

@infecteddh,
Have you tried logging into the Google/Hangouts we site first? Try authenticating into your Google account first, then try opening Hangouts again.

Testing on my end, I was able to install and sign into Hangouts just now without issue.

Yes, tried that. Also tried clean installing hangouts extension and cleared all cookies/data.

@infecteddh,
Can you try going toMenu --> Settings --> Extensions and ensure that you don’t have this option toggled off?

Imgur

@infecteddh,
Can you try creating a (temp) new browsing profile and installing/testing Hangouts on it?
Use the “people” icon on top right, Manage People --> Add Person

Same thing happened. I installed brave beta and it works fine. I’ll just stick with that for now I guess :+1:

1 Like