Unable to sign in to google accounts (clear cookie error)

I disabled all extensions and it worked. I re-enabled all extensions and it still works. So were the extensions the problem or not? I have no idea.

I’ve tried all the aforementioned solutions and the only thing that worked for my scenario was to create a new profile and carry over my settings.

@Alec,
Can I ask what extensions you’re using at this time so we can investigate and see if we can get to the bottom of why the issue appeared at all?

LastPass, ExpressVPN, Send Link by E-mail or Gmail, Google Translate, Otter.ai.

Im am having exactly the same issue. Initially I thought it was DNS. however, nothing changed when I reverted to type. I can get Gmail to work on Brave when it runs in Incognito mode only.

My addons are Wallet, Grammarly, Bitlocker, Gmail, Unstoppable domains, Adblocker, HTTPS badger, Amazon, and youtube music. I have also installations of Twitter, Coinbase and Autho.

In summary, nothing that requires google login works making Brave useless. Infact i have had notifications go to my phone (security setting)so often that google has disabled this option for me now.

Still digging into this.
@kepners can you please tell me if any of the earlier suggestions changed the behavior/caused Brave to work for you other than using a Private window?

Deleting the cookies etc made no change. Google Chrome has the same issue. None of the products work.

Guys! I know how to solve the issue! Disable all extensions and log back in! It works! For me, anyway. And then re-enable your extensions! It still works! Try it and let me know if that helps!

1 Like

Agreed this worked for me also. Current setting them to active when you click works.

1 Like

Scratch that. Now I’m having the same problem again. ):

I’m not sure which extension’s blocking me from logging in. ):

Now I’m having the same problem again. ):

I don’t know what it is about Brave’s recent relaunch preventing me from logging back into Google/YouTube. ):

Guys, it’s my ExpressVPN Keys extension! That’s what was preventing me from logging back into my Google/Youtube account! And my DeviantART account!

1 Like

Can confirm. This was my issue as well. ExpressVPN extension was keeping me from logging into Gmail.

Well, it’s more ExpressVPN Keys than the main ExpressVPN extension itself that’s keeping me from logging back into my DeviantART account. I can log into Google/YouTube with no problem.

I had the same issue today. Disabling the ExpressVPN extension solved the issue for me as well. All other attempts, like clearing cookies or unblocking uBlock Origin or disabling Shield Up did not work, only Disabling ExpressVPN made it work. Enabling it back again after logging in is fine.

It’s the Keys extension that’s preventing me from logging back in. Keys, as in the autofill extension.

ExpressVPN seems to be the issue. Disable plug-in >> Sign in >> Enable.
Everything seems back to normal now. Thanks!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! And it’s the Keys extension that’s preventing me.

Edit: Welp, now the main ExpressVPN extension’s causing problems. I tried removing it, logging back in, and adding it back to my browser, and the problem persisted. I guess I’ve got no choice but to remove it and the Keys extension until Brave’s next relaunch/or until ExpressVPN resolves this issue. :woman_shrugging: Whichever comes first. And it’s a shame, too, since this extension never gave me problems before all this happened. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Had the same problem, solved by removing HTTPS everywhere

How is this the fix… I re-installed and deleted everything and this is the solve…