Unable to sign in to GMAIL through desktop Brave browser

Whenever I try to sign in to gmail account, I receive the message below. I have deleted browser history, disabled cookies and disabled the brave shield and I still receive this message. I have been able to access gmail for a long time, this just started happening within the last 7 days.

Unable to sign in to your Google Account: Delete cookies

If you’re sent to this page after trying to sign in to your Google Account, clear your browser’s cache and cookies, then try again.

Cookies, which are files created by websites you’ve visited, and your browser’s cache, which helps pages load faster, make it easier for you to browse the web.

Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies means that website settings (like usernames and passwords) will be deleted and some sites might appear to be a little slower because all of the images have to be loaded again.

1 Like

Hi

It is suggested in the following post to create a new profile or disable extensions.
Personally, I suggest you reinstall Brave as follows:

Open brave://settings/help and click on the word “Version”.
Download the setup and install Brave
Restart Brave.

Can you try in a private window?
If it works then as @CerealLover already suggested, try turning off one extension at a time to check if a particular extension is causing this. I’ve read that recently the https extension is causing this.

Hello @jharris98, thank you for bringing this to our attention. What kind of device and OS do you have? Please try by disabling the following extensions: Express VPN or HTTPS everywhere Also, try in private or incognito mode and let us know if the issue persists there. Regards.