Unable to remove sites from "Sites that can always use cookies"

Description of the issue:
I am unable to remove sites from “Sites that can always use cookies”
Clicking on the trash icon does not remove the sites.
I have already tried clearing all browsing data to no effect.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Navigate to settings, privacy and security, cookies and site data, Sites that can always use cookies
  2. Click the trash icon to remove a site

Expected result:
Sites should be removed

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.46.144

Additional Information:

@daveo132 You have to go to the site in question, at which point you’ll find you have Shields turned off. You’ll need to turn on Shields and it will remove the site from can always use cookies.

While your individual site settings for it is that Shields is off, then you’d always be allowing cookies. Hence why you can’t manually edit it out without visiting the site and activating Shields again.

2 Likes

ok thanks,
I figured deleting anything here would reset anything like that, seems I’m mistaken.

Thanks.

edit,
That being said.
I just tried the first site on the list and the shields are up

though other sites are shields down as expected.

First sites seems to be some google thing liked to accounts pages etc.

if this method work, then easiest way would be to delete “site and shields settings” from privacy and security, clear browsing data → advanced → select all time and check only site and shields settings and click clear data…

this should reset shields settings for all sites and now by default, all sites will have shields up
so i think you can clear cookies data which you are unable to delete before

i haven’t tried it yet but this should work, you can try it for yourself if you dont want to manually turn on shields for the sites which you have changed to shields down.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.