Unable to receive ads

I have an iMac from late 2012, and am unable to receive ads. I have verified my privacy settings, so that is not the issue. Any ideas?

Hi @boudicabrito,

Welcome to community, and thanks for your post!

Can you provide a bit more context?

Currently Brave Ads is only available in the US, Canada, UK, Germany and France. Do you live in one of these countries? If so, have you opted into the program?

Thanks in advance.

I live in the U.S., and I have opted into the program.

@boudicabrito,
Take a look at this thread on Community – the reason you’re not seeing Ads is likely answered here:

I’ve been using the Brave website for about since last Thursday. I find it hard to believe that not one applicable ad has come up in that time. I have 16 minutes of time saved, and 18,127 ads blocked.

@boudicabrito,
Have you allowed Brave to send push notifications to your machine in System settings?

where is this located?

On your mac, open Finder and search for Notifications. Ensure that Brave Browser is approved for both Banners and Alert type notifications and that you don’t have Do not disturb mode enabled during your browsing.

Yes, the Brave Browser is approved and the Do Not Disturb is disabled.

Also, this is only an issue with my iMac. My husband’s PC started getting ads right after he loaded the Brave browser.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.