Unable to play embedded videos, mobile and desktop

I’m unable to play embedded videos, such as a twitter or YouTube post on a message board, with Shields up. This happens on both my phone and desktop, as well as my wife’s phone. Phones are android, latest versions of Brave. Desktop is also the current release.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Go to message board
  2. See twitter post with video embedded
  3. Click to play video

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): Video fails to play, you must click on link to go into twitter to play it

Expected result: video plays within message board

Reproduces how often: every time

Brave Version(about:brave): latest version on both android and desktop (0.55, chromium release). But it has been this way for the last year+ I’ve used Brave.

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no): yes

Additional Information:

I have to disable shields to get websites to work, like mlb. So I went back to chrome since shields are worthless.

Autoplay is disabled by default. You need to add the site to Allow list for it to play automatically when you visit. On Desktop you can add sites by visiting chrome://settings/content/autoplay and click on the Add button and type in https://twitter.com:443.

Note: You need to add it exact like that otherwise it won’t recognize to autoplay media on the page.

For Android you can enable Autoplay in Settings -> Site Settings -> Media -> Autoplay

Hope this helps

Autoplay is already enabled, this is not the issue.

YouTube is on autoplay whitelist so it will play. Twitter videos embedded could be blocked due to CORS policy. There is an issue logged for CORS video being blocked on Reddit. Possibly its the same issue with YT as well.

Could you go through this issue and confirm its the same issue that you are experiencing ?