Unable to play ANY YouTube videos!

@Mattches

Whick iPad (version/type) are you trying to replicate this on?

And what version of iPadOS?

@CRoig42,
Apologies for the late reply. I’m using iPad v13.3 just as you are. I believe we’ve found the issue though. According to our iOS devs:

Basically, when you switch user agents, youtube does a redirect to the site it thinks is best for you.

When that happens, if you click “redirect me”, the next time you view a video, it will completely break PERMANENTLY… You have to clear cookies and cache to fix it back OR change the url to &app=desktop&persist_app=1 to reset it back to desktop, then reset it via &persist_app=0

The configuration is because of a cookie they are setting called PREF (based on your UA… If this cookie is deleted, it goes back to normal and works perfectly fine)

Can you try deleting the described cookie and confirm whether or not this helps resolve the problem?

@Mattches
No Worries :+1:

I couldn’t find a way to delete individual cookies in IOS.

But I think the approach that seems to have fixed playback for me was the following:

Clear Cookies

Append &app=desktop&persist_app=1

Append &persist_app=0

Clear Cookies

Perhaps Clear Cookies between the 2 Appends.

It was a bit of trial and error, but the Appends combined Clearing of Cookies seems to have done the trick!

Thank You :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.