Unable to open PDF?

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Unable to open and view downloaded PDF file in Brave:

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version(1.14.3`):

IOS 13/Iphone 7

Additional Information:

Does Brave allow you to view pdf?

Yes, if you have a PDF file on your computer. You can right click --> open with, and then select Brave.
For mobile, you should be able to view the pdf just by selecting the file/link while in Brave.
How are you trying to view the PDF?

1 Like

On iOS, it downloads the pdf file and when I got to open it, it moves it to downloads - then shows this:

Are you referring to the Files app on the iPhone?

Have you tried this process with other browsers?

1 Like

No, download section on brave browser. See attached photo above of what happens when I open it on brave.

Can you go to this site, download the test PDF and try to open it within Brave iOS. Let me know if the file/contents is visible.

@Aa-ron

This is an issue with Android as well. Brave 1.5.8 on Android 10.

The sample pdf worked on brave and I can view it fine. The original one I tried to download was not working, it was a bill statement.

@Ksven447,
If the sample pdf worked and the bill statement didn’t. It may be an issue with the site the gave you the PDF, i.e. they gave you a blank pdf. Can you try to view the same PDF from that site on a different device. e.g. laptop?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.