Unable to open Link from Thunderbird

bug

Description of the issue:
When trying to open a link in a Thunderbird email the following error occurs:
This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.

I believe this has only happened with the most recent Release channel update. Changing the default browser to anything other than Brave works.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Click on any link in a Thunderbird email.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Error as noted above.
Expected result:
Link should open in Brave.
Reproduces how often:
All attempts.
Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.56.12 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes
Additional Information:

I can open links from emails from Thunderbird as usual (version 0.56.12).

I’m not quite sure, but do you still have Brave v 0.25 as your default browser? See if it’s still installed, if it is, delete it.

Interesting. I have a program called Patchmypc that checks for updates to all kinds of installed software. It flagged Brave and installed 0.25 even though I had the Release Channel version installed. As soon as I saw what it did I uninstalled 0.25. I wouldn’t be surprised if there aren’t some remnants remaining. I’ll have to do some digging. Thanks for the suggestion.

Uninstalled all variants of Brave and went through the regedit routine mentioned in another thread for resolving issues with multiple Brave installs. Reinstalled current Release channel and problem is resolved. Thanks for the assistance.