Unable to open Brave rewards with triangle icon in internet search box

I cannot bring up the Brave rewards page with the triangle icon that stays next to the lion icon on every page. I can workaround and get to Brave rewards section by clicking the menu, and going to ‘about Brave’, and clicking on the Brave rewards header, but that only fixes half the problem. As you will see in the attached photo, when I click on the triangle icon, it brings up a small, grey box. I am now no longer able to donate any BAT to verified sites. I just updated my Brave browser this morning to Version 0.69.107 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) beta (64-bit), and this did not fix the problem. I am currently running the most up to date macOS Mojave 10.14.6; and I will note, it was this latest update to my mac when I first noticed this problem arise. So I am unsure if this is a Brave program problem or macOS problem. Other than this hiccup, thank you for the great product!

1 Like

Hi @joe3

Thanks for reporting! We have an issue logged: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/5336 and I’ll add your +1 to it.

Best,
Lauren

cc @nejczdovc

Hi,

I have the same issue, here are my build :

Version 0.68.131 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (official build) (64 bits)

Thanks !

1 Like

I have same problem LaurenWags :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey all -

I had a profile which was seeing this same issue. I was able to open that profile with 0.69.x version and it was resolved :tada: If your issue is the same root cause then you should be seeing a fix soon, hopefully next week! https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/5336#issuecomment-524619125

Thanks for your patience, I know this is a super annoying issue.

Best,
Lauren

1 Like

oh ok… im also having same issue… will see what happens next week…

I’ve had the same issue for more than a week or so. You click the BAT icon in the url, and it’s just a little grey square.

Brave version: Version 0.68.132 Chromium: 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And today I went to settings --> rewards, dragged the icon to the proper spot, and now the drop down when clicking the BAT icon in the url shows up everytime, though I get the error “There was a problem processing your contribution” even though I never donated to anyone.

I have the same problem . How i can fix ???

Hello ., please when will this be resolved? i still cant open mine either… and it says im upto date… whats going on?

"Brave is up to date

Version 0.68.132 Chromium: 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)"

how do i get the 0.69 version?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.