Unable to open brave after latest update 30.10.2020

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description of the issue:
After the latest I have tried to open brave nightly browser many times but I am unable to open it. Please resolve
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. By Opening the App

Expected result:
App should work properly as before
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Mobile Device details
Realme C17 with Android 10 OS

Additional Information:

@TJ_Sid,
Are you only running the Nightly build of the browser? If so, please remember that crashes/errors are expected due to the nature of the build. If you’re running the stable version as well, do you get the same behavior or does the browser open/work as intended?

Yeah at the moment I am using nightly only, so you mean I need to have both builds on my phone. If this is so then how can I sync both builds to work as one?

@TJ_Sid,
No you do not have to have both builds, I was just wondering if you did so we could test and see if they were both not working correctly.

Can you elaborate a bit on what happens when you try to open the browser? Are there any error messages?

Android Settings -> Apps -> Brave Nightly
Force Stop … then Storage -> Clear cache
Then Storage -> Manage Storage -> Free Up Space

See if Nightly starts

1 Like

Whenever I open it, it waits for 2 to 3 seconds and then shuts down

Won’t freeing up space delete the reward data?

Cleared cache data of 535MB and freed up space of 665MB but nothing happened, also tried force stop but still not opening

Manage Storage -> Free Up Space will not … the other two options will …

@TJ_Sid latest version fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

My issue has also been resolved for now :blush:

2 Likes