Description of the issue:
I added BAT (Portal) on Solana network but entered decimal precision as 18 instead of 8. I don’t see an option to modify it. Deleting this token and adding it back just adds the token with decimal precision as 18.
Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?
New Brave wallet
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Login to Brave Wallet and switch network to Solana
- Select Assets to be displayed from Solana Network
- Add Custom Asset: BAT (Portal)- https://solscan.io/token/EPeUFDgHRxs9xxEPVaL6kfGQvCon7jmAWKVUHuux1Tpz
- Enter Decimal Precision wrongly as 18.
- Delete the token form custom assets and Add it as new token
- Enter decimal precision as 8 and click “Add”
- See the error (in screenshot) and token is added with previously entered 18 decimal precision
Brave Version (check About Brave):
Version 1.40.113, same behaviour in latest Nightly.
After clicking “Add”, decimal precision changes back to 18-
We will soon be implementing a way to
Custom Assets https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/23353
A work around right now is to
Remove and then
- To remove, open the
Visible assets modal and click the
Trash Can icon next to your asset and then click done.
- Now you can open the
Visible assets modal again, click
Add custom asset and re-add your custom asset.
@DouglasHDaniel I am exactly doing that. In my first screenshot, I have removed previously added token (with trash button) and I’m adding it again. On clicking “Add”, after entering correct values, the decimal precision changes back to wrong value that I entered before.
Please see my second screenshot which is after clicking “Add”. So the work around
Re-add isn’t working.
Did you click
Done after clicking the
Trash Can icon?
If you don’t click
Done it doesn’t actually remove it, so the asset will stay in
memory when you attempt to
Re-add it and give you that error.
My Bad. That does it. Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.