Unable to log-in to NYPost.com website

Description of the issue

Unable to login to NYPost.com website unless the shields “Trackers and Ad Blocking” setting is changed to “Disabled”. Once I disable that setting and I am able to login, the website displays a button in the upper right corner.

However, if I go back to shields and re-enable the Trackers and Ad Blocking setting back to Standard, the website button indicating I am logged in suddenly disappears and is replaced by a “Log-In” button even though I am still logged in to the website. This change to to log-in button, however, means that I am prevented from logging out unless I go back to shields and change the setting for Trackers and Ad Blocking to disabled. Up until about 4 weeks ago, this bug did not occur. I could easily log in and out of that website without having to change the Tracking and Ad Blocking setting to Disabled.

Therefore, to log in or out of NYPost.com I must disable Tracking and Ad Blocking. If I re-enable that setting to standard the website doesn’t recognize I’m still logged in.

Exact URL of the website in question

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? [Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no)

Block-Yes, the issue presents when block ads / trackers is set to Standard or Aggressive, but not if set to Disabled.

All other default states-No

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no)

Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no)

Yes. The site breaks when the shields setting for Trackers and Ad Blocking is set to Standard or Aggressive, but not to Disabled.

Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)

Yes (also functions as expected with Safari and Firefox)

What Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(About Brave info)

Brave ver.: 1.57.2 (23.9.27.14)

iPhone 11 / iOS ver.: 16.6.1

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.