Unable to link mobile

Hi @Mattches,
I have been trying to link brave on my phone to my verified uphold wallet.
I had to get a new phone as the old one is broken. How ever I try, I can’t link uphold on my phone.
Kindly help.

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements?

Please fill out the rest of the information above and describe what happens when you attempt to verify and I’d be happy to help. Thank you.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using ( Menu --> About Brave )? Android 11

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? no (on this phone)

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? Yes

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements? Yes

All answered.
Is there any way to remove older devices?

If you are on a new device, you may be at the device limit. Try going to brave://rewards-internals and go to Event Logs. See if any thing says Device Limit Reached. If that is the issue you need to have an old device removed. If that is the case, you can solve that issue here: Device Reached Limit Cant Login - #6 by Herrvader
I had the same error issue several months ago and didn’t figure out what was happening until I looked at the logs.

@Herrvader That’s the second part of my query. how to de-link older unused devices.
@janbuizon uphold simply says, “Sorry an error occurred”
@Mattches why can’t brave have a feature to de-link older unused devices?

Please see my previous post for the link to remove old devices

1 Like

@Herrvader Thank you. Will try that :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are working to remove the linking limit all together in future builds.

Thank you.

@Mattches Thank you :slight_smile: that will be a huge help to everyone. Thank you for your support.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.