Unable to install Chrome extensions

I’m currently unable to install any Chrome extensions/themes. I receive the following error code: “There was a problem adding the item to Chrome. Please refresh the page and try again. Image decode failed”. In an attempt to mitigate the issue, I’ve tried removing my browser cache/cookies as well as restarting my laptop. Any advice is greatly appreciated, cheers.

Could you give us a little information about the type of computer and OS you are using? Here is a template for a standard issue ticket. https://s.amsu.ng/iqzBGTLmm9dN

1 Like

Description of the issue: Unable to install extensions/themes from the Chrome web store.
How can this issue be reproduced? Attempt to install any extension/theme.

Expected result: Extension to be downloaded and directly installed afterwards.

Brave Version( check About Brave ): Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I’m going to try to install a non-stable beta release to see if the issue still persists, will update this post once attempted.

Alright, so I tried the beta release and every previous issue I was having was solved. So I reinstalled the stable release and now everything seems to be working as intended. Cheers.

2 Likes

Awesome, glad that fixed the issue.

1 Like