Unable to import from Chrome

I tried, I really tried to like Brave. But after several unsuccessful attempts to import bookmarks and settings into Brave I have just given up. The last straw was when I could not get several important extensions. I am just going to keep Iron.

1 Like

If the current live release isn’t meeting your needs, I’d highly recommend trying out the Developer Build before you go. This is a preview of what we have in store for Brave 1.0 later this year. Importing bookmarks will work as expected and it also supports extensions.

1 Like

I also tried the Developer Build. No joy.

1 Like

You couldn’t import your bookmarks or use any extensions in Dev build? Can you describe what happened when you tried?

1 Like

I downloaded the beta from github. When I tried to do an import Brave just froze and closed every time. Nothing imported.

1 Like

Delete/uninstall, redownload from the download page here: https://brave.com/download-dev
Install and try again. Should only take a moment.
Can I ask what OS you’re using?

Got it now. Using Windows 10 1803 64 bit. This version looks much more like Chrome and it works! Thanks!!

You’re very welcome. Remember, this is a very early implementation. You’ll see many UI/design elements change over the next couple of months as we get closer to release day. But yes, until then, please enjoy :slight_smile:

If you have any questions, comments or feedback of any kind, feel free to leave it in the Developer Builds category of Community .

One thing I notice about this dev build is that my task bar will not show up when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen like it does with all other browsers.

Can’t tell if its a good or a bad thing!
At any rate, I’m going to close this thread out. If you have feedback on the Dev release, you know where to go! :point_down: