Unable to drag bookmarks into Bookmarks Bar

Description of the issue:

After updating to 1.34.67 - Linux Beta. I can no longer drag a site from the address bar into the bookmark bar, or rearrange bookmarks on the bar by drag and drop. When you try, you get the outline of the object that you are trying to drop but it will not drop.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Activate the bookmark bar
  2. Navigate to a web site
  3. Using the left mouse button, attempt to drag the website icon from the address bar to the Bookmark Bar. Or attempt to rearrange a bookmark on the bookmark bar by drag and drop

Expected result:
Bookmark will move from previous location to the new location

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.34.67 - Beta, Linux, Desktop

Additional Information:
Distribution - Arch

1 Like

Hey there, i’m on Arch too and the issue remains on version: [
Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bi)

Funny thing, when you drag any folder or link on your bookmark bar, does’t matter where you drop it, it doesn’t do anything. However… if you minimize brave and look at your desktop, the links are all there as a shortcut. As if brave is invisible and you’re dragging everything to the desktop

EDIT: downgraded version to the last working one, untill someone fixes this

yay -U brave-bin-1:1.33.106-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

Still seeing this on Arch KDE using [
Version 1.35.77 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) released 3 days ago.

No way to drag and drop the url or move a bookmark in the bookmark list.

Same issue on Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS.
Brave Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)
No way to drag and drop URL, move bookmarks in the bookmark list or arrange bookmarks in the Bookmark Manager. Also, have issue with shortcuts being created on the desktop when attempting to move them.

I don’t think that the operating system is important. This is most likely a bug in Chromium.
I have Brave Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I experience the same issue. Perhaps this should be notified upstream to Chromium by the Brave developers.

1 Like

Same here with Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit). I’m also unable to drag and drop tabs, the dragged tab shows up in a new window and doesn’t fall in place in the original one.

I’m seeing the same thing (version info below). I also think the issue may be that Drag-n-Drop is not working in Brave. At least for me, it appears to be failing.

In another thread I’ve been trying to resolve a problem with the Drag-n-Drop “captcha” not working for claiming BAT: After clicking on Brave rewards I Cannot drag BAT img into target img (so I cannot claim BAT rewards). While researching that, I tried a few Drag-n-Drop example websites and found that they all fail with Brave, but work fine with Chromium (Version 88.0.4324.96 (openSUSE Build) (64-bit)) and Firefox.

Anyone else seeing general problems with Drag-n-Drop? Or is it just me?

Brave 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision adefa7837d02a07a604c1e6eff0b3a09422ab88d-refs/branch-heads/4692@{#1247}
OS Linux
JavaScript V8 9.7.106.18

I have the same issue with Brave Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Does not work either from the bookmark manager

I’ve been having this problem too for a couple of weeks. Dragging and moving tabs doesn’t work either. I’m used to change tabs positions by dragging them left or right and whats worse, now when i try to do that the tab just decouples and turns into a new window and its impossible to place it back into the original windows, i was able to do this easily before.

1 Like

All is working fine now for me on Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) running on fedora35

Can anyone else here tell me if updating to v1.34.81 resolves the issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.