Unable to download BRAVE from a 2021 MacBook Pro? I keep getting an error when launching brave!
What error are you getting?
I simply marked: brave left unexpectedly. To restart ? and I have this in a row
with as only detail a comment full of incomprehensible thing
I am no expert but you might want to check a few things:
- Are you getting the correct version of Brave for MacOs? What I mean is that there is one for Intel and then there is one for Apple Silicon.
- Did you authorize Brave in Preferences/Security & Privacy if asked to do so.
- Try using reset in Brave Preferences if you can get into it.
- And if you can get into to it try disabling all your extensions if installed and see if it goes away. Sometimes you can get a bad version of extension that causes problems.
- If all else fails (Unable to do any of these steps) try deleting Brave and re-download Brave and install it again>
I downloaded the M1 version but I have an M1pro I don’t know if that changes anything! unfortunately I can’t even enter BRAVE after downloading as soon as I open it I have this error
No that should not make a difference still Apple Silicon and a ARM Processor. You might want to delete the app and download a new copy and reinstall. The error that you posted is a MacOs error message not a Brave Browser Message but it is caused by Brave more than likely. The error message that you sent I had to use Google Translate so I hope it came out correctly.
Additionally, can you tell me what macOS version you’re using at this time?
I have the same issues (I guess). Downloaded newest M1 Version and the actual Beta Version for M1. I have OS 12.1 Monterey and receive always this message:
Brave simply doesn’t start. Any help is appreciated as I’m new to MAC.
Just installed again the latest official release with following result:
Using MacBook Air M1 with OS 12.1 Monterey.
I’ve reached out to the team about this – in the meantime, can you confirm for me whether or not if you go (on your system) to
~/Users/[Your user name]/Library/Application Support/ you see a
BraveSoftware folder here?
Just checked, no Brave Folder here.