Unable to connect stuck at %10

hello i checked the .tor logs to see whats going says “Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 10%: Finishing handshake with directory server.”

[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 10%: Finishing handshake with directory server. (DONE; DONE; count 83; recommendation warn; host *** at ***:443)
Sep 26 05:19:43.000 [warn] 83 connections have failed:
Sep 26 05:19:43.000 [warn] 71 connections died in state handshaking (TLS) with SSL state SSLv2/v3 read server hello A in HANDSHAKE
[warn] 10 connections died in state connect()ing with SSL state (No SSL object)
[warn] 2 connections died in state handshaking (Tor, v3 handshake) with SSL state SSL negotiation finished successfully in OPEN
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 10%: Finishing handshake with directory server. (DONE; DONE; count 84; recommendation warn; host *** at ***:9001)
[warn] 84 connections have failed:
[warn] 72 connections died in state handshaking (TLS) with SSL state SSLv2/v3 read server hello A in HANDSHAKE
[warn] 2 connections died in state handshaking (Tor, v3 handshake) with SSL state SSL negotiation finished successfully in OPEN
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 10%: Finishing handshake with directory server. (DONE; DONE; count 85; recommendation warn; host *** at ***:443)
[warn] 85 connections have failed:
[warn] 73 connections died in state handshaking (TLS) with SSL state SSLv2/v3 read server hello A in HANDSHAKE

and keeps tring to connect… changed host and ip’s bcuz i dont know what are those :stuck_out_tongue:

i couldnt figure out whats the problem do i need to install tor program, my OS is win10 latest version

1 Like

actually i should add the initial logs;

[notice] Tor 0.3.4.8 (git-da95b91355248ad8) opening new log file.
[notice] Tor 0.3.4.8 (git-da95b91355248ad8) running on Windows 8 with Libevent 2.1.8-stable, OpenSSL 1.0.2o, Zlib 1.2.11, Liblzma N/A, and Libzstd N/A.
[notice] Tor can’t help you if you use it wrong! Learn how to be safe at https://www.torproject.org/download/download#warning
[notice] Configuration file “C:\nonexistent” not present, using reasonable defaults.
[warn] Path for GeoIPFile () is relative and will resolve to C:\Users*\AppData\Local\Brave\app-0.24.0<default>. Is this what you wanted?
[warn] Path for GeoIPv6File () is relative and will resolve to C:\Users*
\AppData\Local\Brave\app-0.24.0<default>. Is this what you wanted?
[notice] Scheduler type KISTLite has been enabled.
[notice] Opening Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9250
[notice] Opening Control listener on 127.0.0.1:0
[notice] Control listener listening on port 52991.
[notice] Bootstrapped 0%: Starting
[notice] Starting with guard context “default”
[notice] New control connection opened from 127.0.0.1.
[notice] Bootstrapped 5%: Connecting to directory server
[notice] Bootstrapped 10%: Finishing handshake with directory server
[warn] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 10%: Finishing handshake with directory server. (DONE; DONE; count 10; recommendation warn; host *** at ***:80)
[warn] 10 connections have failed:
[warn] 6 connections died in state handshaking (TLS) with SSL state SSLv2/v3 read server hello A in HANDSHAKE
[warn] 2 connections died in state connect()ing with SSL state (No SSL object)

It sounds like this may be a problem with your internet connection. Can you reproduce it on another network, like coffee shop wifi or a friend’s house? Does your ISP block any access to the internet? Can you browse the web in Brave without using Tor?

For users whose internet access is filtered, we have an open issue to implement alternative ways to connect to the Tor network: Pluggable transports and bridges for Tor · Issue #1138 · brave/brave-browser · GitHub However, we probably won’t get to this until next year, at this point.