Unable to claim and need help regarding transfer of balance

Briefly describe your issue:
I have to switch to a new phone but my current reward hasn’t been paid yet( I’m unable to claim it) i started using BRAVE since June. Can i transfer this unclaimed balance to a new phone. If yes, How can i do that?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Brave Version 1.26.74
Android 10

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
This would be the 1st payment.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, India

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
No, my current device failed the test. The device has been rooted.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Not linked to Uphold.

I don’t think you can claim only if you pass the Safety Test…

You can always donate it to other people if you want…

Like i said, the balance is in estimated reward pending and not in my wallet.

Should i just let it go, is it a lost cause or can i somehow sync/save this expected reward so i can claim it later from a different device, eg a new phone/computer?

How many BATs is it?

Just under 2 BATS, so i don’t have much to lose.

There is a way to Back it up in PCs but I can’t seem to find that in my phone…

Thanks you, I’ll try and find something, just wanted to know if it was possible.

Before resetting the old phone, wait for like 4-5 days… It may get added to your Brave Wallet… You can then donate it someone… (You can donate to me too :crazy_face:) But yeah wait for a few days I would say :slight_smile:

@Habibiman No, there is no longer a way to back up your rewards and transfer it to a new device. If you are unable to move it to an Uphold wallet, it will be lost. Also, Uphold limits you to four devices/profiles per lifetime. Even if you unlink a device from your Uphold account, you don’t regain that allotment. Only your first four devices will ever be able to contribute to your Uphold wallet. If it’s just a few BAT, it’s not worth it to try to link to Uphold just to hang onto them. Probably just best to donate them to your favorite content creator (don’t let other users here push you to donate to them).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.