Unable to access website with VPN

Using Brave and trying to access a particular news website while connected to my VPN does not work. I receive a ‘Server Cannot Be Found’ error. I did not have this error using a different browser.

Suggestions are appreciated.

I assume you were on the same VPN on the other browser, can you make sure and confirm?
With that I mean, the same connection – reconnecting to the VPN may result in a different “exit point”, or whatever it’s called on VPNs, I’m using TOR terminology in a lose sense here.

At first sight that would seem more likely a problem of the VPN than the browser.
I take a wild guess that the news website is not reachable from the VPN exit point, which is who knows where in the world – though you may find out using one of many “know my external IP” websites, https://www.whatismyip.com/ for instance.

While at it, see if the site loads in brave (still on the VPN of course) with: 1) shields down 2) private window, and (without VPN) private+tor.
Same consideration applies, even more, to TOR: another connection, another exit point.

What news site by the way if you can say? Is it the only one affected?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.