Unable to access Netgear Switch interface from Brave

I am trying to connect to the web interface of my switch GS116Ev2 from Brave. When I try and browse to the switch’s web interface I cannot connect and the switch disconnects my computer from the network and reconnects it after 2-3 seconds.

If I try and connect from the same PC using MS Edge it works fine. I have other Netgear switches that connect ok from Brave, it is just this model

Has anyone seen this type of issue before ? Any help much appreciated

Thank you

Hello @pardsgill

Thank you for reaching out and for the detailed report, sorry to hear you’re unable to access Netgear switch interface from Brave. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Additionally, it could be related to an extension interfering with your profile, please try removing your extensions to see if it works properly. To Remove an Extension:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu icon --> More tools --> Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Or:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. On your extensions toolbar, right-click the extension you would like to remove.
  3. Select Remove from Brave… from the context menu.

At last please try deleted your cookies and cache from the browser to see if this solves the issue.

1. In Brave, open the main menu, then Settings --> Privacy

Note: You can also select Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data.

2. Select Clear browsing data.

Let me know if that works and have a nice day! :wave:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.