UI - Window Location on Opening - Improvement Request/Bug

windows

Hello,

I have read other posts on this issue - workarounds exist, however this is a bug fix request to not have to use workarounds anymore.

I have a laptop with a docking station, so very often I have the browser window moved over to a second screen. When disconnecting the dock, all other app windows will move to the updated primary monitor… except Brave. This behavior can also be replicated in any changing desktop scenario… for example, setting the window location, closing the browser, changing monitor configuration, re-opening browser, the window will be off screen. Unfortunately getting an off screen window to move is {ahem} fun.

The request is to update Brave’s window management to use MS Windows best practices, so that Windows can issue move requests upon desktop reconfiguration. (Monitor layout/config, rotation, resolution change, etc.)

Environment details:
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Version 1709 OS Build 16299.98
(However, this problem also occurs on other Windows operating systems)

Brave: 0.19.105
rev: 51f8ba56ca1c1409ddd0620b12650bb7f81c2f79
Muon: 4.5.16
libchromiumcontent: 62.0.3202.94
V8: 6.2.414.42
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.16299
OS Architecture: x64

Thanks in advance for getting the request into the queue-- love the browser, keep up the great work!!

Kyle

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.