'Uh oh. Your wallet is unreachable.' - I'm required to verify?

Hi! For the past month(s?), I haven’t been able to reach my wallet. Whenever I click ‘reconnect’ I’ll get a message saying that ‘Verifying your wallet is optional’. If I X out of that and press reconnect again, it’ll refer me to the Uphold sign-up page.

I’ve already tried some stuff like restoring, but no dice.

Does this mean that verifying is not optional? I’m a bit confused. Could anyone shed some light on this for me? Thank you!

Brave version: 1.8.95.

It’s a bug. Don’t worry.

1 Like

@vark,
Verifying your wallet is optional.

What exactly is it that you’re trying to do? Your Rewards panel/page should only say Reconnect if you’ve verified that wallet already. If not, it should only say Verify wallet, as shown below:

So when you say you’re trying to “reach your wallet” what exactly is it that you’re attempting to do?

Thanks for your answer! I’m not really attempting to do anything, I’m just wondering why I must verify when it’s optional and I can’t make much use of my funds until I do.

I have not verified my wallet. It shows ‘disconnected’ instead of verify, though. When I go to my rewards tab, it’ll show me this:

@vark,
Verifying is optional. You do not have to verify to earn BAT and spend it to support content creators on the web. In order to withdraw funds, however, you will need to verify your wallet. The Uh oh! Your wallet is unreachable... error is completely independent of verifying with Uphold.

1 Like

Ah, I see. That’s a bit confusing since I have no interest in registering at Uphold, and the message asking me to verify wasn’t there before. I suppose it’s new and I can ignore it entirely?

@vark,
Yes – you are not required to verify with Uphold. We do have additional options for wallet verification in the works but when those are available, you will still not be required to verify.