Uh oh! The Brave Rewards server is not responding....again

Hey Can you tell what is Brave Rewards under Authorized application in Uphold
I know brave browser is what I have linked but don’t know what’s the Brave Reward?

@ridz i am not sure but seeing that the last time BRAVE rewards was “used” (interacted with my UPHOLD account) which is 28 days ago, while the BRAVE Browser was a very different timespan, i guess this is when BRAVE sends you the BATs you earn during the actual month to UPHOLD (which would match the last time i received my BATs).

for me it’s 4 hours ago So definitely not that

Edit: Ok I think it’s for creators

Yeah, me it has become 3 hours since my server got back online (but was 28 days when it got muted), so i guess this is the process of BRAVE sending BATs; And now it has been reseted since the link between the servers (BRAVE) and my UPHOLD account is back.
This is just a guess but would make sense.

Edit: ah ok, i have a creator account, so maybe, that would also make sense.

Just as an update, everything is still back to normal for me, so i would be tempted to say that the “90 days verification process” (or 250 BAT limit as shown in a previous screenshot) is what was needed to be made, and as it’s not clearly advertised when you create an UPHOLD account nor they send a reminder to the email address, that cause a lot of stress for nothing when it happens for the 1rst time (especially since the (re)verify process is “bugy” through the “triangle icon”).

If things keep going alright, will post 2 more updates next week (i don’t know about the other users who have posted that they also met this issue since they didn’t give any feedback since) to inform every new BRAVE supporters, who will meet this problem for the 1rst time, if this is what they need to look at 1rst.

Have a good week-end everyone.

i still have 0.0 BaT and i have been active on it for three weeks. not sure its linux version or my chromebook?

@Foxbot42 Hi, ah yeah, you are meeting an other inconvenience, i assume there are other posts that may have an explanation (this one is different but you may need it in a little more than 2 month :wink: ).
I already read about what you are experiencing before, it depends on your country, how long are you on the internet (on the browser) ? sometimes you won’t have ads for 2-3 hours straight and all of a sudden you will receive multiple notifications in a row (it’s not continuous in the distribution of ads), also, in my case, the 1rst month i used BRAVE, i also barely had ads but the month after, i received way more of them (but i am on the internet, on BRAVE, more than 10 hours a day).

But what you say may also be a factor, i have never seen this question (about Linux) being raised before.

edit: if you can’t find an answer to your question on the forum, create the topic, there is more chance that a Brave team member or someone that may know the answer helps you (because this topic is really different than yours and most of the people won’t see your question in here, as they expect something else).

edit2: here you may find answers ? it’s a little bit old but who knows. There is a list of possible factors that make the ads notification not appearing, if these don’t seem to match your case, and can’t find an answer on the forum create a topic :slight_smile:

-> FAQ: Why am I not seeing Brave Ads?

I also found this, until late 2019 the ads were, apparently, disabled on Chromebook -> https://chromeunboxed.com/can-i-install-the-brave-browser-on-my-chromebook/
but maybe you can find a solution in there even though it seems to demand several manipulations !?!. But i didn’t find any post stating that since 2019 ads were showing on Chromebook.

It happened to me last week. I don’t know if this will be your case, but I could solve it by adjusting the date on the computer. for some reason they are several days late.

@foxmulder79 Thanks for the tip (even though i don’t really see what you mean) but i fear this might be a temporary “fix”, just like when i created a 2nd profile so that 3 weeks later, the issue re-appeared.
As you don’t give many details, i don’t know when you created your UPHOLD account, but if it’s been 3 month back, try the solution i gave earlier (“the 90 days/250 BAT limit verification”). From the moment i did it everything is fine, and from now on, i know i will have to do it every 90 days (which wasn’t clear when i opened my UPHOLD account).

Thanks again, and have a good day :wink:

2nd time this month? Wow, hanging on the edge of your seat here. I’m sure they had no idea until they got this post. BTW, I wouldn’t count on paying your rent with the free BAT tokens you get for browsing the internet. I’m sure they’ll fix it in time.

So i wanted to wait for the BAT distribution to be filled in order to give an update and, even though, I received BATs, the figure don’t match the amount i should have received for the month of June and my estimated BAT reward amount hasn’t been updated since the rewards were received.
But the BATs i received would match the amount i had on the profile i deleted last week.
So the servers seem to work fine but i still don’t know if everything is alright as the only profile i use hasn’t been updated yet; I hope next month everything will work as intended (if so, i should receive a lot of BAT at once seeing the multitude i have pending on my account right now :star_struck: :money_mouth_face: lol ).

If something changes i will post an update.

I have same issues now; I am from Nepal and in mobile settings

Hi, have you tried what i explained higher in the post ? (with Uphold account etc…)

edit: here -> Uh oh! The Brave Rewards server is not responding....again

but i don’t use mobile Brave so if this doesn’t work i won’t be able to help you any further

Dear Sir;
From Yesterday I have same issues on laptop too.
How we can solve this issue.

Happens intermittently on Android too.

@tplamsal Have you tried what i linked in my 1st reply to you ?

it’s not a hardware problem but it is your account that has the issue.

@tplamsal so ? is it fixed or not ?

Dear All;
Now Both Android and Laptop devices are well run the BAT System. Thank You

1 Like

@tplamsal Cool, we won’t know what fixed it since you don’t say what happened but at least we know everything is alright for you, that’s a good start :+1: