Two recurrent issues: (1) copy-&-paste stops working; (2) the URL line self-erases

At the moment, just inquiring whether these are ‘known issues.’

(1) copy-&-paste stops working completely . . . not sure what the ideal ‘fix’ is . . . since I normally don’t want to exit and reload the browser, I just use another browser until I see that the function is working normally again (not sure what makes that happen either).

(2) the URL line self-erases . . . not sure what makes this happen. It happens very often but not in every tab, & doesn’t appear to be related to whether in a normal tab or a private one.

I will fill in the addt’l guidelines information if these aren’t already known issues, but since these are the most frequently-recurring problems I experience when using Brave (on a Mac), I’m assuming they may be.

Thanks.

Brave 0.23.77
V8 6.8.275.24
rev 0125b5f
Muon 8.0.6
OS Release 17.6.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Tor 0.3.3.8 (git-99f9816efa08ab83)
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 68.0.3440.84

Just to clarify:

1. The copy-&-paste failure generally presents as:

– I copy some text from a webpage
– I attempt to paste it into a Google Docs document
– The copied text doesn’t appear. Instead previous content in the copy/paste buffer is what pastes.

I am having that problem right now.

1. The erasure of the URL line content: I notice this when I’ve returned to a webpage that’s open in a tab. The URL line is now blank. (I’m not sure whether it occurs without my leaving & returning to the tab – i.e., while I’m still in the tab and haven’t switched to another. I don’t think so.)

Thanks.

Hi @mk7z,

Thanks for reporting :slight_smile:

1. I believe this should be fixed with latest release since a few version back. :sweat_smile:
    Are you use shortcut or right-click menu to do copy/paste? Is this happens only on Google Docs? cc @Mattches to test it on Mac.

2. We have an issue logged for this. Temporary workaround is by pressing esp key on keyboard. It’ll bring back the URL. Here

Thanks
:slight_smile:

Pressing the key works for #2. Thanks.

Re #1 . . . I’m using v.0.23.77. I think that’s the next-to-latest update (?)

The problem occurs when I attempt to copy text from webpages and then paste that text into (usually) a Google Docs document. (The destination need not be Google Docs – the same happens if I try to paste into a text editor like TextEdit).

The newly-copied text doesn’t replace the previous text that’s in the copy/paste buffer, so no matter how many times I select the new text, it’s not what pastes.

To copy-paste I normally use kb shortcuts or right-click with the mouse but I’ve found no difference using the dropdown menu options.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.