Twitter.com Tabs Crash (Hard) When Using Emoji (Desktop)

Twitter.com tabs in the latest version of Brave crash (page freezes, and eventually browser pops up a notification stating that the page is frozen and a choice to "wait, or “kill”) for me immediately, when the “emoji menu” is opened while authoring a new tweet. This happens both with shields, up and with shields down.

This is on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS AMD-64 (Openbox Window Manager).

If anyone else has experienced this, or similar, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Also, of course, if anyone has found a solution or workaround for this, that’d be great as well.

1 Like

Update:

This has suddenly, surprisingly, “fixed itself”. So, this may have been a Twitter-side issue, (as they are always screwing with things :joy:) rather than a Brave-side issue.

Keep you posted…

2 Likes

Doh! Just occurred again. So…mehhh…may have something to to with tab pinning? If anyone wants any further info that they think I may be able to provide, I’d be happy to do that.

Best,

@promet,
I see that you’re on Linux but can you tell me what Brave build/version you’re using? You can find this by going to About Brave in the browser.

1 Like

Hi,

That would be this:

Version 0.55.20 Chromium: 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Perfect, thank you!
Is it just the opening of the emoji panel on Twitter that triggers the crash or are there additional steps/details? I ask because I’m unable to reproduce this crash using v0.55.20:

1 Like

In my case it is upon opening the emoji menu. Is the tab you’re testing pinned? My issue is occuring in pinned tabs. Also, if it’s relevant, I pin three twitter tabs at once to monitor new, sent, and mentions. You might try that as well, if you’re trying to reproduce the conditions…

Thanks!

1 Like

Speak of the devil; literally, just happened again. Also, full disclosure, Twitter has accused me of being a “Russian Bot”, or “Philistine”, or…somethin’…several times and could just be screwing with me…:sob::sob::sob::wink:

I don’t believe its an issue on our end. I went ahead and tested on Ubuntu as well and still unable to reproduce:

I’ll leave this topic open for a while in case other users have similar reports.

2 Likes

I have switched my Twitter habit over to Firefox, and seems to be “smooth sailing”.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.