Twitter.com Tabs Crash (Hard) When Using Emoji (Desktop) 2

I have 100% repro of Twitter.com Tabs Crash (Hard) When Using Emoji (Desktop) (but that topic has been archived).

1 Like

@dukedave,
Thanks for reaching out (again).
Just tested on my end and It does seem like Brave has something against the use of Twitter emojis but its inconsistent. I was able to both use emojis in a Tweet and reproduce the crashing tabs.

I was able to consistently use them with Shields down however. This is not a solution, but would you mind testing that for me on your end?

Unfortunately I can repro with shields down too :frowning_face:
Here’s what it looks like: https://youtu.be/8NSfOsvxhAI

1 Like

@dukedave, thanks for the recording - very helpful.
Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration and see if that helps the issue? I kind of doubt it but it tends to fix some common-yet-specific problems like this.
Settings --> Advanced --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I’ve also reached out to the team to see if this is reproducible across the board.

@Mattches that’s it!
With ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ turned off and ‘Relaunch’ the issue goes away, (regardless of shields up or down).

I turned it back on, relaunched, and the issue started again.

Good :mag:!

Here’s this, if it helps:

$ sudo lshw -C display

*-display                 
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: GK107 [GeForce GTX 650]
       vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
       version: a1
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
       resources: irq:28 memory:f2000000-f2ffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f1ffffff ioport:e000(size=128) memory:c0000-dffff
3 Likes

Great news!
Glad to hear that worked. Sometimes it seems like Hardware Acceleration causes more problems than it fixes :sweat_smile:

I’ve marked this thread as solved and will close it now. Feel free to create a new topic if you need further assistance. Thanks!