Twitter – Closing main window closes all new tweet tabs

Mactinosh user here.

In Twitter, when I cmmd-cilck on a tweet, it opens a new tab with that tweet. My preferred way to read tweets is to cmmd-click every one that I’m interested in from the main page and then close the main Twitter window. I may end up with a half-dozen for later perusal.

When I close tha meain window, all of the tweets in the new tabs close along with it. I just want to close the main window tab, not all of the new ones.

Hi @mbabco,

Thanks for reporting. Is this the similar issue like you encounter?
https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/14222

:slightly_smiling_face:

Similar.

However on the Mac when I do the right-click equivalent (which is control-click), I’m not given the option to open in a new tab.

I’ve only encountered it on Twitter.

I wonder if it’s related to a twitter problem I reported before. At that time, doing a cmmd-click to open a tweet in a new tab would bring up a blank page (if I’m remembering correctly).

Thanks for getting back to me

@mbabco, I believe I understand the behavior you’re describing, but just to be sure, can you confirm this is an accurate description of steps to reproduce this issue?
STR

1. Navigate to Twitter.com
  2. Right-click on Tweets --> Open in new tab
  3. On the first tab - where Twitter.com was initially opened - close out this tab

Expected Result: First tab closes, all other twitter tabs remain
Actual Result: All tabs related to Twitter are closed

Actually, it’s on a Macintosh. So the sequesce should be.

1. Navigate to Twitter.com

2. Cmmd-click on Tweets –> Open in new tab while remaining at main page

3. On the first tab - where Twitter.com was initially opened - close out this tab

Note. On the Macintosh the Windows equivalent to Right-click is control-click – which brings up a set of options that do not include opening in a new tab.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.