Twitter blocked as an ad on Android

I wasn’t sure if this should go here or in Feature Requests. New Brave Browser user here and I like it very much. One thing I noticed is that it seems to block the format of embedded tweets. The content is there, but shows up as regular text, if that makes sense. Here is an example web page.

If I turn off ad blocking they all show up correctly, so I was wondering if there is a way to whitelist Twitter or if you can change how embedded tweets in particular are detected as ads. By correctly, I mean they look just like a tweet in the app. It says new users can only put one image in a post, so I’ll show you what it looks like with ad blocking enabled.

Brave 1.0.24, Chromium 59.0.3071.125
Block Ads and Tracking enabled
HTTPS Everywhere enabled
Block Scripts disabled
Block 3rd party cookies enabled
Fingerprint Protection disabled

Android 7.0.0

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7

Thanks.

Embedded tweets broken when 3rd party cookies blocked

cc @LaurenWags and @Serg on this.

I see the same when I request for desktop site.

We are going to work on embedded twitters problems soon. I think we have the same problem on a laptop as well. We have to improve our adblock and tracking protection library for that. Thanks.

Hi. I’m just checking back in to see if there is any news on this issue. I’ve gotten two or three updates in the Play store and am on the latest version, but no change. Thanks!

P.S. On a side note, I can’t log into the Brave Community from the Android Brave Browser lol. I click the “Log In” button and nothing happens. I had to use desktop Chrome.

@lightstorm22 we are working on sync and critical security features, fixes right now. We will be back there very soon. Thank you for letting know for the community website. It looks like it is broken on mobile, we are fixing it.

This looks a lot better on the latest version (1.0.36). Of course it says so right under “What’s New”. Thanks!

Thanks for the confirmation @lightstorm22!!

Closing this thread, if needed please open a new thread.

Thanks,
Lauren