Twitch.tv streams stutter for 1080p

Twitch streams in 1080p stutter. Downgrading to 720p improves the issue. Posting this issue here instead of to the Linux distro forum because this issue doesn’t happen in Firefox, nor does it happen for YouTube streams in 1080p. This issue also doesn’t happen in the other Linux Distros I’ve used, so seems particular to Garuda (an Arch Linux distro using the Zen kernel. See specs at bottom.)

How can this issue be reproduced?

I’ve tried Brave installed from Flatpak, Snap, and the regular distro install; happens with all three. It also only seems to happen under the Garuda LXQT-Kwin desktop version (https://garudalinux.org/downloads.html); I tried a few other Garuda desktops and don’t recall having the issue.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.56.14 Chromium: 115.0.5790.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Disabling hardware acceleration doesn’t help much, if at all. Nor does using a private window. Nor does disabling all extensions.

Kernel: 6.4.7-zen1-1-zen
Display: 1366x768
DE: LXQT 1.3.0
WM: KWin (X11)
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-4650U (4) @ 3.3 GHz
GPU: Intel Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 610M/710M/810M/820M / GT 620M/625M/630M/7M
Memory: 2.72 GiB / 7.67 GiB

You can close this. I found out Garuda was using my integrated graphics chip and not my graphics card. So although Youtube streams fine, maybe Twitch uses a different format that isn’t as good and thus the problem isn’t with Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.