Twitch There was a network error. Please try again. (Error #2000)

Whenever I am watching a twitch stream i will randomly get the error There was a network error. Please try again. (Error #2000). This usually happens a couple mins into watching.

I’ve tried clearing cache & cookies and also disabling Hardware acceleration

This is on Windows 10 & Brave [Version 1.9.76 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

@jamesn,
Thank you for reaching out to us. Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

Can you try opening your Shields panel and setting the Fingerprinting setting to All Fingerprinting options allowed and see if you get the same results? If that doesn’t work, can you try it with Shields down entirely (main toggle in the Shields panel) and then test again?

2 Likes

Hi @Mattches thanks for replying,

I have the following extensions installed;

• Bit Defender Anti-Tracker
  • Bit Defender Wallet
  • Google Translate
  • Honey

Its worth noting that I have the exact same extensions installed on Google Chrome however I do not observe the issue within Chrome.

I will try the Fingerprint setting and get back to you

1 Like

@jamesn,
Can you also try creating a new profile (Menu --> Create new profile) and attempt to stream Twitch content using the new profile and see if you get the same behavior?

2 Likes

Hi @Mattches
The All fingerprints option & Shields down test havent solved the problem.
I’ll try creating a new profile

1 Like

Hi @Mattches
So far I dont seem to be observing the issue when using a new profile. What could be causing the problem on my original profile?

@jamesn,
I would wager it’s one of the extensions causing the issue. Since you’ve already noted you tried clearing cache/data and disabling HWA.

Next test I would run is disabling all extensions in your main profile and see if Twitch works normally. If it does, start re-enabling them one at a time and see if we can find the one that is causing the conflict. I know its a bit of a walk just to resolve one issue but if we can isolate the extension causing it, I can inform the team with good info and get some dev eyes on it.

1 Like

Hi @Mattches
It doesnt work with all extensions disabled either

Is it not going to make a dublicate of accounts or are you going to delete the other account?

1 Like

@jamesn,
Well that is very strange. If you’re able, would you mind (in your main profile) clearing your browsing data from All time? Its often something caught up in the profile data that causes this type of issues – I know it may be annoying but this is a good way to confirm that. I’m not sure what else would be causing this issue for you.

Hi @Mattches
Sorry i was being dim and didnt disable all the extensions.
So after some testing I’ve found the issue does not occur is i disable Bit Defender Anti-Tracker.

Thanks for your troubleshooting and hopefully this can be passed on to the Devs?

3 Likes

@jamesn,
Absolutely – appreciate your patience and glad that you got the situation sorted out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.