Turning off brave shields doesn't turn off ad-block

Description of the issue:
Pretty much exactly what the title says. When I turn off shields on sites I want to support, the ads continue to be blocked. This doesn’t happen on every site but on most of them and this is just one example. So what do I do if I wanna see ads?
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Turn off shields on any site.

Expected result:
Ads should show up once shields are down.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.18.78 Chromium: 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Example of the problem

I believe it remembers the settings via cookies. Clearing cookies and reloading the page, will show ads. Surprised it’s not showing ads, are you’re using another Adblock or PiHole?

Nope I had already tried clearing the cookies before I posted this, but I did it again and it still did nothing. Also I am not using any ad block.

(Notice the ads seen when shields ads/trackers is denied)

That said, have a fix in uBlock Annoyances (see brave://adblock), enabled Ads/trackers = Aggressive mode. Give it 24/48hrs for this fix to be rolled out.

Okay, so now the warning isn’t there, but that wasn’t actually my problem. I want the ads to show up.
Like for example

There isn’t really a point in using tabgladly, if I’m not seeing the ads right? And for some reason, I don’t see ads, despite having allowed trackers and ads.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.