Trying to install Brave in Windows 10, but response is Brave is incompatibile

X BraveSetup-x64.exe

X Installation has failed.

There was an error while installing the application. Check the setup log for more information and contact the author.

Setup Log
2016-01-29 16:15:36> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install .
2016-01-29 16:15:36> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2016-01-29 16:15:36> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Local\Brave
2016-01-29 16:15:37> CheckForUpdateImpl: Failed to load local releases, starting from scratch: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Local\Brave\packages\RELEASES’.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions

No problem here.
But I am using beta channel.
-Nellai

Brave: 0.22.5
V8: 6.4.388.45
rev: 94d33ff6c777c7b4547fd81e0ea46f106c37dd0a
Muon: 5.0.7
OS Release: 10.0.16299
Update Channel: Beta
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.167

Brave has been working fine since I first installed it well over a year ago. However, when I restarted my laptop and I tried to open Brave, I got this message. The log is much longer than what I first posted because I get a notice I could only place two links in my question, which I don’t understand how that works. And my question is, is it a Brave issue, or a WIndows 10 issue?

I am not sure. Hope some one from Brave will answer.
But I read in the forum that for Mac OS, there is a loop getting generated as feedback report which sometimes even go up to as high as several GBs.
Not seen like that for windows 10.
Lets see. some one will answer.

Had something similar after recently re-installing win10.
Keeps trying to make you use microsoft applications.
I forget the exact procedure, think was “gpedit.msc” and remove as much stuff you don’t need as it will let you

I’ve downloaded and installed “gpedit.msc” but I don’t have a clue as to which “stuff” I don’t need. I haven’t been able to find any info on what I need and don’t need in order to overcome Windows preventing the installation of Brave. Any further help is greatly appreciated!

gpedit.msc should already be in windows I’d have thought. Where did you get windows from ? Disabled cortina and the cloud thing but can’t remember what else. It does seem odd that you can’t install brave I sort of remember a message about compatibility when I was putting all the programs back on but can’t be anymore help sorry.

Thanks, zemlik! For some unknown reason, when I started up my laptop, I tried to install Brave again. Initially, I didn’t get any response, so I moved on to Chrome. After about 5 minutes, up pops Brave. I’ve closed it and reopened it several times, using the BraveSetup-x64.exe in my Downloads file. The only thing is I haven’t been able to create a shortcut to my Desktop. I’ll keep trying to create one, but if not, I’ll still be able to use Brave and still have all of my bookmarks.
Thanks, again!

if you haven’t done it, to make desktop shortcut.
click the bottom left window icon
scroll the alphabetic list to the program you want ( expand down arrow if need to )
right click on the program icon -> more-> open file location.
right click on program there ->send to-> desktop (create shortcut.)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.