Trouble with bookmarks dropdown list

windows

Hi all. When I am scrolling down from the bookmarks menu on firefox, I can scroll down to the very bottom of my long list of bookmarks; the cursor just continues on down as I lower the mouse. However, in BRAVE, this doesn’t happen. The only bookmarks I can access are the ones that go as far down as the bottom of the browser page. I am screwed to access any more bookmarks. I’ve tried clicking “manage bookmarks”, which opens them up in a new tab; however, when I click on any folder, nothing happens. In other words, I cannot open a page from the bookmarks manager page; actually, it seems I cannot do anything with the bookmarks in the manager; they just sit there and do nothing when I try to manipulate them.
what gives?

Ok. That’s weird. Bookmarks manager should open a bookmark on double-click and should also give you a context menu on right-click. Can you paste your version info here? (Help | About Brave).

As for the long bookmarks menus, you should be able to scroll up/down using a scroll wheel but really long bookmarks menus should behave as you’ve described and also probably have a scrollbar too for cases where a user doesn’t have a scroll wheel.

I’ll wait for your version info and then go see if either of those issues have already been reported on GitHub.

okay; I am using version 14.1.
But wierd-now when I open bookmarks manager, everything is working! It’s spooky how that happens so often!
But, I am still having the problem of not being able to get the list to continue to scroll down to the bottom–to reach bkmrks down lower; the list will only show what reaches to the bottom of the page, and I can’t just use the down arrow to navigate down the page.
that was why I was frustrated when I couldn’t use the manager either, but now I can, so it’s not as much an issue.
but thanks for your help!

I tried using the scroll button on the mouse, and that allows me to scroll down to the bottom of the bookmarks. Now the problem is solved, even thoug
h I would PREFER for it to be like firefox, where you CLEARLY see the scroll bar at the right.

Same thing here I can see them if i do ctrl minus but then they are hard to read…
Brave 0.16.9
rev fba98fc
Muon 4.0.3
libchromiumcontent 59.0.3071.86
V8 5.9.211.31
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform win32
os.release 10.0.15063
os.arch x64

I have the same problem in the bookmarks folder to the extreme right of the screen. In other browsers, the subfolders and contents would appear to the left if you get too far over for them to open on the right but not here. So I can’t access some bookmarks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.