Trouble visualizing Solana NFTs

I recently received some nft airdrops from Solana, but I am having trouble visualizing them on Brave wallet, I know assets need to be manually added, but these NFTs don’t include a token symbol so this data is missing, I am not sure if that’s the reason why these nft tokens don’t display. Does anyone know about this issue?

Thank you

Brave Version: v1.46.153

Solana NFTs Do Not Show on Brave Wallet

It’s being over two weeks now that I posted this issue, and it still persists.
at this stage I assume Brave wallet does not support Solana, or does it?

Anybody?

@cryptouser21 Are you saying just not showing as assets? If so, you’ll need to add them, much as I show at * Adding new asset to Brave Wallet. Only thing different compared to that is once you go to add new asset, you’ll need to go to the NFT tab.

It does. I think it comes by default now. You may need to go to brave://flags if you’re on Android or Desktop and then enable the flags shown in screenshot below, but I think I said flag isn’t needed anymore.

Also, just to show where it comes to adding custom asset:

Photos 1_24_2023 10_05_46

1 Like

On this, I don’t have an answer. Not even sure if it’s required. Often it generates all data if you just provide the token address.

You’re talking about just having asset discovered/visible? Or are you talking about actually seeing the NFT itself (such as the image/animation)?

Which NFT? Might be something Wallet team can look into. But to my knowledge (which is very limited), all have a token symbol.

If you search your address on https://solanascan.io/, you should see the NFTs there.

You can click on the NFT in question and visit the contract address. From there you should see the information needed.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

I have done that, many times, and it does not work, the nfts don’t get added properly as all I can see is an image holder on the brave gallery

• these NFTs don’t include a token symbol so this data is missing -

Same here, I stated that in my intial email, not even sure myself if that’s required.
so this is what I do: I fill in the fields with ‘Token address’ and ‘Token name’,
but as metadata for ‘Token symbol’ is not provided, I use a blank space or an empty double quote for this field, this input enables the add button to actually add the NFT asset.
Note: if I leave blank the ‘Token symbol’ field the ‘add’ button remains inactive.

• trouble visualizing them on Brave wallet -

both, having the asset visible and seeing the NFT itself, that would be the purpose or having an NFTs gallery.

• these NFTs don’t include a token symbol -

Solana original NFT artwork by http://Drip.haus
To find metadata for these NFTs you can go to:

1. https://solscan.io
  2. Enter my public wallet address: 7weFWkyGHLeEkkCzvoG1gopBEknNtyqsk4ANd9ysMxYr
  3. Select the ‘Token accounts’ tab in the panel below and click on any token link you like.
  4. Once you are on the token site, you can see the ‘NFT name’, and ‘Token address’.
    Then if you select the ‘Metadata’ tab in the panel below you can see the Token symbol, or in this case, the lack of it (an empty string).

Thank you Evan123, I do visit solanascan.io often.
All NFTs transfers to my wallet address were completed successfully on-chain.
I checked on this before submitting the ticket, but I appreciate your response.

@hub @Pavneet would either of you have any ideas here since it seems nothing said has been of any help to OP so far?

Saoiray,

Thank you for your attention, but that’s all right now, I had no choice but to import my Brave account into Phantom, that’s a wallet built for the Solana blockchain, it was super easy and now I can see all NFT Solana Art with no problems at all, (I don’t even have to add them manually), so, problem solved.

I want to add this, I like Brave browser, and am happy with the way it works, even though I have to claim my BAT rewards sometimes because they are late or missing, it gets fixed eventually, and I get responses when I submit tickets too (which is important).

But this hasn’t been this case. I submitted a ticket three weeks ago, and got no replies. I contacted Phantom wallet yesterday and they responded in the very same day, so now I’ll be managing my Solana assets with Phantom.

On a more personal note:
What would you think if you get no responses when you are having some issue with your digital assets? my impression is that if they don’t communicate is because there’s some issue they dealing with, and haven’t found the fix yet, otherwise they would have said something, that does not reflect well on the Brave wallet team, for my part I am not sure if I want to use Brave wallet now.

Thanks again.

Hub,
Next are some of the steps I’ve been taking for the past weeks:

I don’t enter any symbol, I use a blank space or an empty double quote for this field, any input really enables the add button so I can click it.

Right after I click the ‘add’ button the next window shows ‘Visible assets’, which includes the Token name I just entered and an image holder. To exit this window, I click Done.

Next thing I do, I go check my NFTs Gallery on brave://wallet/crypto/nfts and there use to show a throbber with the name of the token below, but no actual NFT image or other data was loaded.

A few days back I repeated the process and instead of a throbber an image loader was shown, so I guess the wallet team were working on it.

But as I said to Saoiray, never mind now, I’ve moved my Brave account to Phantom wallet, and I can see my NFT Solana artwork fine now.

Thank you anyway for asking.

Where did you submit ticket to? They don’t have a support ticket for Wallet. Means most likely got sent to a different area than it should have gone. Not sure how that would be resolved. Or are you referencing Rewards ticket?

I have a bad habit of reaching out and finding ways to contact. For example, if I didn’t get a response on support ticket then I go to Community, if nothing there then to Twitter and Reddit, etc. It definitely gets frustrating but then I also look at the “why.”

For example, I got really upset with Steeven and others in the past. It actually is what was the beginning of my spending a lot of time here helping people. The reason? Delayed responses to tickets and the inability to get answers. As I dug deep though, I learned they only had 2 people working in Support and they were handling thousands of tickets a day. They were sincerely trying but it was hard to keep up with everything.

I came to help because I realized Brave wasn’t employing enough people as they should. Rather than people being stuck with no help, I decided to take my time and try to close the gap a bit. While I’m limited on my knowledge and capabilities, I’ve been able to help many people since. And as I’ve also been in contact with Brave over the years, I’ve also been able to earn a bit of a reputation and have that little “Community Ninja” title.

What I can say about Brave is that when they do help, they usually do a better job than any other place. In the meanwhile, other companies will talk to me right away but they don’t resolve issues. Like Walmart didn’t cancel my order even though they said they did. Ring doorbell tried telling me my grandparents Ring camera had 4 zones when it only had 2. Uphold responded to a question by telling me they don’t accept passports for KYC (which they actually do).

So it makes it difficult. Sorry to hear you had a difficult time and it seems tickets might have gone unanswered. Obviously not much I can do on that except to ask questions and try to refer the right people to help, such as how we had Hub (Product Manager for Wallet, btw) respond to try to guide you along and help.

1 Like

Saoiray,

They DO have a support area for a crypto wallet, that’s where I sent my 3 tickects (one each week) requesting support, and again, I got no replies.

On your second response: I have a bad habit of reaching out and finding ways to contact…

Nothing wrong with that, I do the exact same thing.

To conclude, and to summarize what worked for me:

The NFT Gallery feature on Brave wallet does not work with NFTs original Solana artwork.

For three weeks I contacted Brave support about this issue, but to this date I have gotten no replies. Obviously there is a technical issue here, but as I didn’t get any answers, the solution that worked for me was to import my Brave account into Phantom wallet, so I can now visualize my NFTs Solana art correctly.

I’m not happy with Brave wallet, customer support is essential for any software company that manages digital assets, and this does not reflect well on Brave.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Ah, yep yep. What I got fixated on was:

New Tab - Brave 1_25_2023 19_07_30

So you went Browser issue and then to subsection. Not sure if they just went to basic Support team or to Wallet team. Is something I’ll have to learn later.

To be fair, Hub was just starting to try to help you. But I know you’re saying didn’t get responses fast enough compared to when you first started seeking help.

You are welcome to provide a solution anytime you want.

Please find below a detailed description of the issue:

Issue: Solana NFT artwork doesn’t show on Brave wallet NFT Gallery

Description of the issue:
Solana NFT artwork is being transferred weekly to my Brave wallet, transactions are successfully completed on the main Solana network, however Solana NFT tokens are not shown on wallet. Brave wallet integrates support for Solana as well as a built-in NFT Gallery but in its current version, assets need to be manually added. To do so, I follow these steps:

1. At the bottom of brave://wallet/crypto/portfolio, I click on ‘+ Visible assests’ and then click on ‘Add Custom Assets’.

2. The next windows presents two options for adding custom assets: ‘Token’ and ‘NFT’. I select the NFT option and immediately I am presented with some input fields. As soon as I select the Solana Mainnet Beta, I am required to enter the following data: ‘Token address’, ‘Token name’ and ‘Token symbol’.

3. I can fill in the fields with ‘Token address’ and ‘Token name’, but metadata for ‘Token symbol’ is not provided by the asset on-chain so I use a blank space or an empty double quote for this field, this input enables the add button to actually add the NFT asset.
    Note: if I leave blank the ‘Token symbol’ field the ‘add’ button remains inactive.

4. Right after I click the ‘add’ button the next window displays ‘Visible assets’,
    which includes the NFT token name I just entered, only it does not display the actual NFT, it shows an image holder instead. To close this window I click Done.

5. Next I go check my NFTs Gallery on brave://wallet/crypto/nfts.
    Initially only a throbber along with the token name I just entered was shown, but no NFT current image or other data was loaded. When I replicated the steps a few days later, there was no throbber, instead an image holder was shown.

To find my NFT metadata you can go to:

1. https://solscan.io
  2. Enter my Solana public address: 7weFWkyGHLeEkkCzvoG1gopBEknNtyqsk4ANd9ysMxYr
  3. Select the ‘Token accounts’ tab in the panel below and click on any token link you like.
  4. Once you are on the token site, you can see the ‘NFT name’, and ‘Token address’. Then if you select the ‘Metadata’ tab in the panel below you can see the Token symbol, or in this case, the lack of it (an empty string).

Other data:
-Brave version v1.47.171 (Jan 13, 2023)
-Solana original NFT artwork by http://Drip.haus

1 Like

Appreciate the info there @cryptouser21 . I’m going to tag @hub and hope he can follow-up with you tomorrow.

I know Solana should be EVM-Compatible and it’s mentioned that initially the gallery will support NFTs on Ethereum and other EVM-compatible chains.. So would think it definitely should work. Just might be something extra they need to work on.

No problem, here are some descriptions for each image:

Brave Images:
-Image 1: Brave visible assets - added new asset: ‘Waterfall’
-Image 2: Brave NFT gallery - throbber for ‘Waterfall’ (the throbber was shown for a few days, then the image holder)
-Image 3: Brave NFT gallery - image holder for ‘Waterfall’ (current)

Phantom Images:
-Image 1: Phantom NFT Gallery - ‘Your Collectibles’
-Image 2: Inside the collectible category DRIP
-Images 3 & 4: NFT Single view - description & details for ‘Waterfall’

I have had the exact same issue with pretty much every single NFT (not only on Solana) so I’ve reached to them. After four month of weekly exchanges, the issue has not been solved. All they could do was ask for the same info over and over and over like they did not even read what I wrote to them.

So far the only people I’ve seen displaying a functioning NFT gallery being devs, I am starting to assume the thing does not actually work and they photoshopped the whole thing.

what do you mean ‘try logging in from a different network’?