Translator for Brave (especially on Android)

I think that a translator in Brave is very necessary to avoid copying the link and go to Google Chrome to translate the website. Thanks for the browser , developers!

15 Likes

Yes, I still waiting this function, that I can switch form Chrome.

5 Likes

I think that a translator in Brave is very necessaryŘŚ These features should be added in the browser to not go back to Chrome browser for translation feature only, thank you Brave Browser developers.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I was searching for, hoping it actually existed. Not having a browser translator is an extreme inconvenience. It is led me to go back to Chrome to open whatever website, and typically I end up staying on Chrome after the fact.

Browser translator for Android is a must, should have been in the original release. When releasing a product in a market like browsers, bare minimum you need to match the capabilities of other browsers. Especially chrome, it’s all open source…

3 Likes

By translator you mean webpage appears exactly the same, but different language?
I totally agree. If Brave doesn’t implement this, maybe someone could create an addon.

3 Likes

Yes, is that what i reefer. One great alternative (but is an add-on) is https://github.com/FilipePS/Traduzir-paginas-web/

4 Likes

I totally agree! I live in a foreign country and I often need to translate pages!

On the Desktop I use the Google Translate extension: :package: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb?hl=en

The issue is on Android tough :confused:

1 Like

P. S. I think this should be in yhe category “Brave Feature Requests” / “Android Feature Requests” :blush: can somebody move it?

1 Like

This one worked for me perfectly. You just need to install it in minute:

1. Download first one here for Chromium https://github.com/FilipePS/Traduzir-paginas-web/releases
  2. Extract the zip file
  3. Open Brave extension manager
  4. Activate developer mode (in upper right corner)
  5. Load the extension with the option “Load unpacked” (button in upper left corner)

Then, you will get some boring notification to “install Google translate extension”. You can remove this in few clicks:

• go to Settings --> Languages --> Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language you read – toggle this option “off” and you won’t be prompted or asked to install the extension any longer.
2 Likes

For the time being, is it realistic to make Chrome Extensions available on the Android version of Brave browser?
However, this would leave users with no other free option but Google Translate, and those who don’t like complicated things would probably go back to Google Chrome because they don’t want the hassle.
It would be most desirable to implement a built-in translation function that allows users to choose their own translation API as soon as possible.

I think it would be more than necessary to integrate Mozilla’s bergamot project for machine translation (and not like Mozilla with Firefox, an extension that you CANNOT use on mobile), as much as integrate it directly into the browser.

Progetto Bergamot