Trackpad zoom on Google Maps is too fast/sensitive

Trackpad zoom on Google Maps is way too fast/sensitive.

Supposedly this was fixed per:
Scrolling zoom +/- in Google Maps too fast with Brave
…but I am still experiencing the issue.

Confirmed the maps are zooming correctly in other browsers.

Version 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (x86_64)

MacOS 10.14.6

I’m actually seeing this same behavior myself (I think). Let me reach out to the team about this and see if we have a regression on our hands.

1 Like

@whydoihavetosignup,
So not sure exactly what happened but the issue is now not occurring on Brave stable when I zoom in/out. It’s not occurring on Nightly or Beta builds either, but I do see this behavior still on Dev build.

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?
You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

disabling hardware acceleration did not fix. Nor did disabling all shields.

A workaround I found is, holding command and then trackpad zoom causes the zoom in/out to work smoothly as I expect and see in other browsers.

After doing this once, the map will zoom smoothly until I reload the page. Then I have to do the cmd+zoom trick again.

what is cmd+ trackpad zoom actually doing?

Would you mind testing this in both a private browsing window and (if that has the same results) when using a fresh browser profile and see if you get the same behavior?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.