Trackers Blocked Notifications Showing Up In Unexpected Places

Hi, all. I’m on a laptop using Windows 10 and have both Brave and Chrome installed. The purple trackers blocked notifications show up in the bottom right and I expect this to happen in Brave but the problem is, it’s also happening in Chrome. What, if anything, can I do about this? I’ve provided additional information below the separation line. Thanks for any help!

Description of the issue: See above.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. It can, presumably, be reproduced on a Windows 10 PC/laptop with both Chrome and Brave installed.

Expected result: The purple trackers blocked notifications should not be showing up in Chrome.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

@RPErson,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Can you please share a screenshot of this?

Number of Ads/trackers blocked (in Brave) should only appear in the Shields panel in the address bar or on the NTP:

@RPErson,
That is not a Brave notification of any kind – it is likely one of the extensions you have installed in Chrome or some software installed on your Windows system.

Thanks for your response! I will check my Chrome extensions and see which one(s) could be causing this behavior.

1 Like

Because Adblock extension (from the screenshot, the red hand) is blocking the items before shields blocks it. @RPErson You don’t need an adblock with Brave :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.