Touch Sensitivity/Response is Terrible on Video Sites

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Hello there @Swarvey does changing your shield settings affect the performance on videos while using Brave?

1 Like

@Swarvey could you please disable Vulkan from your settings to see if that changes anything?

To do so, please go to brave://flags > Search Vulkan> Disable Vulkan > Reset.

1 Like

On that case, please set it enable again so the the performance can get better, also does accessing video websites in private mode changes any performance you may be experiencing?

1 Like

Please try installing the Beta version of Brave to see if the issue persists on that version.

1 Like

@Swarvey do you have any other Internet connection where you can connect your mobile device to see if changing them makes any difference? Please try this and let me know if it works.

Thanks for the information, I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

@Swarvey,
I’ll have to reach out to the team about this because, as far as I can tell, nobody (myself included) can reproduce this issue. Testing on my end, I see smooth scrolling and I’m able to tap on “more info” or “more options” etc buttons on the site and get the expected results.

I suspect that this issue may be due to Xiaomi devices as I know they use a custom UI that deviates from other Android devices.

1 Like

@Swarvey,
Thank you for the information.
I know that we’ve had some issues on Xiaomi and Huawei devices and this will be useful for the Android team to review. I agree that it is more of a workaround than a solution though. I know you said that you only see this behavior in Brave but have you tested this behavior in other Chromium based browsers with the same settings? If not, would it be possible for you to install Chrome temporarily and just test and see if you get the same results when using it?

1 Like