Touch Bar Media Scrubbing and use of touchID

Description of the issue:
When consuming media on a MacBook Pro touch bar, the timeline scrubbing functionality on the touch bar does not function.
The other touch bar problem is the missing touchID functions to unlock passwords as in Safari.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave and go to a site to consume video or audio media; YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube Music (these are are all ones I have tried.)
  2. Select a piece of media to watch or listen to.
  3. Select the Media controls touch bar option just to the left of the brightness control.

Actual result:

Expected result:
I would expect the bar to the left of the resulting screen shot to have a progress indicator and the ability to scrub through the timeline like in Safari.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
[Version 1.11.101 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Build officiel) (64 bits)]

Additional Information:
macOS Catalina - V10.15.5

Hi @lpdbrx,
While in Brave, click on View menu in the top of the window. Then click on Customise Touch Bar. Your screen will blur and the customisation panel will appear. Drag and drop the Default Set tool from the screen and onto the Touch Bar. Click on Done. When you go back to youtube do you see the option for video scrubbing?

Hi @Aa-ron, I tried your proposition and it doesn’t solve my issue. The timeline is still not scrollable !

@lpdbrx, thanks for letting me know.
I have seen the scrubber while using Brave before in the past, odd that at the moment it’s not here for me. I’ll investigate further and get back to you. I appreciate your patinece.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.