Top Sites on "New Tab" page NOT WORKING!

“Top Sites” are NOT showing up on my New Tab page. I sent a message about this weeks ago and never got a response. WHY arent my “Top Sites” showing up? I use them several times a day, all week long. :frowning: Can ANYONE help?

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

1 Like

Hello @trekman,
What version of Brave are you using?
Have you cleared your history recently?

1 Like

Hi Aa-ron Im using Brave is up to date

Version 1.14.81 Chromium: 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And before I get on the internet, I always use CCleaner. (every time) So my cache and history are always clean.

Top sites are populated based on your browsing history. If CCleaner is clearing your browsing history, that may be why you’re not seeing top sites. Can you try using Brave and not clearing your history to see if Top Sites eventually show?

I “un-checked” Internet History in CCleaner for Brave. I’ll try that for a couple days and see what happens. Thank You Aa-ron :wink: :+1:

Any idea when Brave will allow you to manually add Top Sites to the main screen?

3 Likes

need bookmarks on main screen?

@Onyx13,
I don’t have an ETA for you, but we have an open ticket for it and we know people want it.

2 Likes

@hiqamig,
You can go to brave://settings/appearance and enable Always show bookmarks on New Tab page

1 Like

it on bookmark panel? he say about need bookmarks on page blank choice top sites or bookmark. example how here but native

For me, this one has always been “turned on”. :wink: Its just kind of strange. I have a computer at work and then the one Im on most at home. ALL my setting are the same on both computers. Sometimes Top Sites are there when I open a tab and other times they arent. :frowning: And they arent always the same. I thought the more you use a site the more it stays as a “Top Site”. But that just isnt true. I use Facebook A LOT and its not there anymore than others. :frowning: Like I said it is just strange how the page works, or doesnt work. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.