Top Sites Favorites Disappeared

I use Top Sites Favorites. My Favorites were there earlier today but are gone now. No idea when they disappeared or why. I did sync with Beta release but do not know if Favorites were still there before or after I synced.

Brave 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 8e5396254975ef939f2ef7d0bd334e48a052b536-refs/branch-heads/5112@{#1478}
OS Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1889)

Hi @Chocoholic, just to confirm, do you know if this happened before or after you synced? This seems like the most likely cause.

@steeven Tested and removing Beta version from Sync chain removes Top Sites Favorites from Release.

1. Create Sync in Release
  2. Add Beta to Sync Chain
  3. Remove Beta from Sync Chain
  4. Top Sites Favorites are removed in Release.

I didn’t realize Top Sites Synced. However, I don’t think removing Beta from the Sync should remove Top Sites in Release. I did not have any Top Sites in Beta prior to Sync.

@steeven Ugh. Closed Beta and reopened. Repeated process and Top Sites Favorites were not removed from Release. Must have been a glitch or something. No idea. Will keep testing every now and then to see if I can repeat but for now, appears to be working as intended.

Thanks so much for the update @Chocoholic. Please just keep me posted and I can send to the team for review.

1 Like