Titlebar does not change to URL bar with screen touch

bug

Version 0.15.314 on Windows 10 x64 Surface Pro 3

Can’t get the title bar to change to a URL bar when I use touch. If a tab is touched the URL bar appears. I would think directly touching would let me type in a URL. Am I the only one or is it a bit of a GUI bug?

I see the opposite on touch screen device. It is always on URL mode when I open any page and scroll through. It does make sense to be on URL mode since its a touch device and there wont be any mouse hover effect on URLbar. On normal laptop/desktop mode with the track-pad/mouse hover it changes from Title mode to URL mode.

cc: @clifton to confirm its working as expected for touch devices

More specifically, I see the problem when I am transitioning modes from mouse to touch. So, for example, I would mouse away from the URL bar causing it to transition to Title, then switching to touch I can’t get the URL back unless I touch a tab.

Hi @unoriginalone,

Because of the touch device involved, you’ll want to enable the “Always show the URL bar” setting. Using a touch device, the main mouse events being sent are for click (not mouse move). The fancy title mode does look good, but it’s not really designed for folks using touch

Thanks
Brian