There's a "C" icon in my URL search bar

When I click in the URL search bar up top in a new tab, I now have a yellow C in a blue square logo displayed in the left side of the search bar. It looks familiar, but I have no idea what it is or where it came from. See screenshot.

Any ideas?

1 Like

that’s the search engine your browser is using, you can change it in the settings brave://settings/search

1 Like

I use DuckDuckGo as my default.

They use a C logo? That doesn’t sound right.

1 Like

no, they don’t, it seems your search engine got changed

1 Like

I dunno. It still uses DuckDuckGo.

1 Like

I don’t know but it seems suspicious. If it’s not a problem for you, I’d suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it.

1 Like

Yeah good call. I’ve tried to figure out where that logo is from. I thought maybe College Humor or Cracked or something. But nope.

1 Like

I don’t think it is suspicious.

My Brave also picked up CNBC logo on the address bar when I do search although I have Bing as my search engine.

I guess Brave picks up some random website logo on search bar from our history. But this is gone now after update.

Please check whether your Brave is up to date.

1 Like

I just reinstalled the app and it’s gone now.

2 Likes

I have the same exact “C” icon, pretty sure it’s Cabela’s.

Tried clearing cache and that didn’t do it. I guess I’ll try un/reinstalling…

Brave v1.20.108

Based on the hint from someone saying it was based on browsing history, I cleared history and images from settings and now it’s gone, no uninstall needed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.