There is no 'remove favourite' option

I’ve noticed the weirdest thing. Soon as website has been favourited - the add to favourite option totally disappears rather than now seeing a "remove favourite’ (option) ??

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out. Can you please share a screenshot of the message (or lack thereof) in which you’re referring to?

Hi there,

I’m sorry, I tried uploading the screenshot image but all i get (after uploading it) is a text link to the image…i’m not interested in sharing pics this way. What i’d like to suggest, is for you to simply try it for yourself by favouriting a site. Then once you have done this & while still on this site, go back into the menu and you should see, well, nothing to do with favourites

@Newbie2,
Are you referring to iOS are you using when you see this?

Hey there @Newbie2. It’s always helpful if you can provide as much detail as possible when you come for issues. It’s equally important to choose the proper categories for your topics. For example, you put this under Browser Feedback but you seem to be seeking assistance, meaning it would be Browser Support. Then for the tags and your text you don’t specify if it’s ios, android windows or anything else.

Ideally you would have chosen Browser Support and then would have had the template below of information that we need to help. That template would have been:

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

Though I do wish @Mattches would update it to list OS and Brave version in separate lines as people tend to miss one or the other. (Sorry Mattches, just ranting in the middle of this. Just like wish could get a template on the uncategorized thing and all)

If you uploaded here, it would show up as an image for all who see it. But you are correct that when it shows in the textbox, it would be something like:

That’s not a link but is code used by the forum, yet you’ll notice as you read this that it doesn’t show you the link but instead if the screenshot of the text box I took.

I don’t recall it ever doing that. When you add to favorites this is putting it on the New Tab Page (NTP) under favorites. If you want to remove it from there, you go to your NTP and remove each one that you no longer want. This is especially true assuming you are speaking of on iPhone. Do keep in mind the browser and its setting vary greatly between Mac, Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, etc. So anyone would be kind of hesitant to give solid answers if you don’t provide information on what you’re using or anything.

Yes ios version 15.8.2

Hi Saoiray,

sorry for lack of details and incorrect tags. Its just that i find this forum layout not only somewhat frustrating but very messy. Things are all over the place so its taking alot longer than anticipated to figure out.

And yes, I know theres never been a remove favourite option - this is what i was saying, there should be. I know how to remove favourites from NTB’s but once its been removed - you have lost it, if you didn’t bookmark it. The Duckduckgo browser is definitely one up on the brave browser with this as saving a bookmark and/or creating a favourite can be done in the same process. In the ddg browser it doesn’t matter if the favourite is removed as its bookmarked wheres with brave, favouriting & bookmarking are two seperate processes which is crazy. Just as how ‘Bookmarks’ and ‘Add Bookmark’ options are not even together in the same menu.

Regarding the pictures. Why can’t one just upload a pic directly?