The tips system is not functional in the new version of Brave

**Description of the issue:send tips to verified websites
**Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): you get a “thank you” message for tiping but the balance in BAT steel the same.
**Expected result:you send your tip and it deducted from your BAT balance
Reproduces how often: always
Brave Version(about:brave): 0.55.20
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no): yes
**Additional Information:**non

Does it appear on your list of transactions (Rewards Settings --> Rewards Summary)?

No i did check but it doesn’t appear in “Rewards Summary”, and my system in windows 10, i did forget to mention that also

CC @Asad can you look at this issue.

Hi amoon,

Tips can take up to 10 days to process and appear in your rewards summary / BAT balance. Has it been longer than that?

Actually it was instant, you tip a website and you see the amount you tip deducted from the balance of the Rewards wallet almost in the same time.

@Asad Actually it was instant, you tip a website and you see the amount you tip deducted from the balance of the Rewards wallet almost in the same time.

That’s correct :slight_smile: However, it will take up to 10 days for that information to be fully processed within the system.

@Asad Thank you for your replay, i understand that the publisher need up to 10 day to see the tip showed in his publisher account, but the problem here is in the other side as a user of brave that support publishers by the tips system the counter in my Rewards wallet doesn’t change when i try to tip someone in contrary in few days ago when you see your action of tipping is almost reflected in your reward wallet balance.

No problem. Is it possible that the tip didn’t go through? Try again and see if it works, you won’t be double charged.

I checked and I was incorrect with my first response – your wallet balance should instantly reflect as soon as you tip someone, provided the tip properly goes through.

@Asad Actually i was trying from yesterday until now and even i contacted a friend of mine and she have the same issue with the tipping system, i think is a general issue here, and i was using Brave for long time now so i know how it function in the normal situation. can you have a close look at this and thank you in advance?

Yes absolutely; thank you for bringing this to my attention!

@eljuno thank you for moving the thread to the right section and hope that @Asad can figure out the issue.

Same issue with tipping. I am using .55.22 ---- I tipped 13 days ago and no receipt of the tip.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.