The sound is NOT coming out of the TV

The sound is NOT coming out of the TV… just the cast video. Casting to TV with chromecast built in. The problem must be either with the Brave Browser software or Linux Mint software… or an incompatibility between them.

SOLVED - Casting needs to be from cast TAB not the cast DESKTOP.
I understand this was solved, but not everything I cast is on a tab. Sometimes I need to cast a program, such as Zoom. Therefore I can’t cast a tab.

Hello @larikaz, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are glad to hear your issue has been partially fixed. Could you please share the following information to better assist you:

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?
2 - Have you updated to the latest Brave version? If this is a desktop computer (found at brave://version) to download the most recent one (https://brave.com/download/)

3 - A screenshot of the issue (if possible).

Regards.

As you can see, I have two screens. So I need to be able to cast one screen to my Chromecast device connected to my Fire TV. I was trying to cast a Zoom meeting, so not in a browser tab. I’m not sure how to screenshot the TV with the sound not coming out. The picture will cast, but not the sound.
At other times, when casting a tab, particularly when casting blazetv.com the sound gets garbled and usually pausing and resuming the video fixes the problem. (it’s what I cast the most.)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.